Monday, June 29, 2009

QWERTY

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? This week I had a free period at school so started on the Mavis Beacon Touch typing course. In the space of half an hour I moved from 4words per minute with 76% accuracy to 8 words per minute and 97% accuracy. I wonder what I can manage this week.

Last Wednesday a group of us went out to Anna Shaw's for lunch, and managed to while away the afternoon just like retired folk. Olwyn, who has just had, and hopefully beaten cancer, wants us to do the Walk for Life next year. I have suggested "The O team - we'll run rings around cancer!"

The weather has been absolutely appaling, so it was good to have a Sunday lunch with friends - including Barry and Liz from Hamilton and we even showed our French Trip DVD, and no-one feel asleep.

Here's me eating a nutella crepe under the Eiffel Tower.


1 comment:

  1. 8 words a minute? How the heck do you manage to get anything done?!
    Nutella crepe doesn't sound terribly French - surely it was actually a chocolate hazelnut crepe? Or something slightly more exotic-sounding. And gee, the Eiffel Tower is a lot smaller than I'd imagined!

    ReplyDelete