Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baboon's Bum

Back now from my op at Wakefield Hospital - thanks to those who sent cards and flowers.



The op appears to have been a complete success, but the allergy to the surgical tapes a complete disaster. My nether regions look like those baboons with the bright red bum. Although mine is really on the front side, down my leg where they put the catheter, and two dots on the bum. I have not included photos of this although it was of great interest to the nursing staff.The rooms were very spacious, with an area for sitting with your guests and looking out the window, and the bed and machines area, which also had a mechanical lazyboy and TV suspended on an arm. The food was of an extremely high quality, although sometimes not quite what I'd ordered. It was served by waiters in waistcoats and waiter aprons - no wine though!
The flight home was very tiring and I have done a lot of sleeping, but now feeling much better.

Really enjoyed my pre-op time in Wellington, very good shopping sessions. Wonderful concert with the NZ trio and dinner at Logan Brown was most enjoyable. Took in Young Victoria at the movies as well.
Better go and check my credit card balance now.






No comments:

Post a Comment