Friday, February 12, 2010

VC Teaching

Some of you wonder what I am talking about when I say that I am teaching on VC this year. So I've taken some pictures to hopefully enlighten you. My room is long and thin so 2 of my Gisborne girls sit behind me and one next to me. This is not ideal - some of the other VC rooms allow you all to sit in a row. On the other side is the document camera which I use for putting notes up.

Here is a split screen, with our campus on one side and Canterbury on the other. I also teach Taranaki and Southland. The mic is just in front of the door and the campuses can talk to me, but often mute it so I dont hear what they are saying.


The VC is in a cupboard. I understand that it stops the bad TV vibes leaking out. Ours are not connected to the TV, but you can play videos, DVDs and hook up a computer - but only those that are approved.

So really it is like reading the 6 o'clock news. I have to be careful what I wear or it can be mighty distracting when I wear my bright purple top.


2 comments:

  1. Cool! Very interesting. Do you feel like a celebrity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do. I put on that posh voice. You know the one I mean

    ReplyDelete