Sunday, May 16, 2010

In just a month

WARNING: THIS BLOG CONTAINS PICTURES WHICH MAY DISTURB.


Although we have enjoyed the Indian summer it is now into a damp winter. We seem to have flies lingering about - we need a frost to kill them off. It was just a month ago that I was swimming in the sea at Otanerito on the Banks Peninsula. It was so refreshing after a hard days tramping - not to mention the sign which said 20mins to hut a good hour before we got there. However this swim and the walk up the beach meant that I got sand all through my blister plaster and when we cleaned it out the skin was rough and raw and led to be being taken out by car for the last leg of the journey.
The new skin has grown quite tough now and I am back walking again, but the old skin has peeled right back around to my nail on the other side. I will have to wear protective patches next time we tramp.

No comments:

Post a Comment