Saturday, June 26, 2010

Back to Basics

Last week I had a cold, and after taking a cold and flu tablet I suffered terribly with a crashing head ache and dry mouth for three days. The cure was far worse than the complaint. My blodd pressure sky rocketed and the doctor said it was the decongestants that effected me. So I am back to oldfashioned cures for colds from now on. Vicks on the chest, honey on my toast, and lots of tissues as I cant take anything that dries me up. This week I have another cold - after two good days in between. So I am suffering in sniffles - well I could hardly say silence. The blood pressure is still a bit elevated, but will review when I am well again.

You may have seen the picture of the Tamarillo tree with its fancy frost protector. You may also have heard of Mary Poppins. Anyway the long and the short of it is we've put rocks around the base and removed the umbrella and will have to resort to basic frost methods like wet newspapers.

Live and Learn!

1 comment:

  1. That decongestant stuff is probably pseudoephedrine (which is used to manufacture methamphetamine) or phenylephrine.

    They have a similar effect on me. Sure, they unblock you for a while, at the expense of raving like a lunatic and not being able to sleep. Then the cold/flu symptoms come back twice as strong when the drugs wear off.

    You're better off with garlic and oranges I reckon! Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete