Monday, January 17, 2011

Holiday food

The Christmas Ham is carved. Another triumph of succulence and flavour. Full plates now, so we all tuck in. Risoni Salad, redcabbage, feta and orange salad and aspargus to go with the ham. Hats on, jokes read, toasts drunk.
On my birthday I decided to have croissants. I left them out to rise overnight which was very satisfactory. Unfortunately my little caravan oven did not cook them very well, and while the tops looked beautiful they were very greasy underneath.


I was tempted not to put this picture of me and my cake in, as it certainly shows the ravages of time. However I've got to be realistic, and accept that indeed this is what 59 year-olds look like. The cake, baked by Lyn was scrummy, and even when I finished off the last piece about 5 days later it was still rich and moist.





1 comment:

  1. Having some croissant-making experience, I say a greasy underside just lets you know you put enough butter in.

    ReplyDelete