Saturday, July 2, 2011

Not in the Middle of the night.

Now I dont want to compete with the spectacular efforts of Jackie, but here's whats been coming out of my Kitchen lately. Heather has a lime tree planted on our property and with all the warm weather we have had the limes ripened quickly. After sending two boxes to her we are finishing up the stragglers ourselves. I made one batch of lime marmalade - which has lasted no time at all. Since Duncan went on Cholestrol tablets we haven't been able to have grapefruit marmalade. I added one orange to this one and the results have been excellent.

On Tuesday night I had Bookclub here - and as some of you know, the food almost has priority over the books. I hailed this cake a triumph!! Complete with its pecan praline done in maple syrup. The cake had dates and coffee in it and was very moist. The frosting was made with maple syrup and egg white beaten over a pot of simmering water for ten minutes. It was sort of marshmallowy. The girls all seemed to enjoy theirs. Duncan wasn't so keen, so maybe I wont be making that one again!!


1 comment:

  1. Food blogs are all the rage now. Here's a very famous one which is gorgeous to read: smittenkitchen.com
    Perhaps I should do some food photography too - with my new (pink) camera?

    ReplyDelete