Friday, July 11, 2014

More on the Gold Coast.

After the wedding it was time to enjoy a day of activities at Dreamworld. The first ride we did was the barrel ride - we had to queue for about half an hour for this but time did seem to pass reasonably quickly as we all enjoyed this!

Then it was onto the flume ride and you can just see Rua, Jill and Alex as they splash down at the end. I was reasonably OK with this ride too.
 After lunch the boys went off to some laser tag thing while the girls had a suss out of the next rides. Here's Millie and I with the Shrek family. Not sure where she gets those long legs from, but Millie is certainly tall enough to eyeball me.
 They decided to go on a rollercoaster. Somebody had to mind the bags I guess,  so I didn't go on it although Duncan did.

 As you can see it was quite a pleasant day, but there was a cool breeze. I think this is them...
 I was then allowed to choose a ride so I picked the teacups. What fun, I thought.
 But what I didn't realise was that there was a spindle which spun the cup as well as you going around on the ride. Spinning in 2 different dimensions really did my stomach in. I had to get Alex to stop spinning the cup as I was about to throw up!

I felt quite green at the end. Perhaps I should have had my picture taken with the Shrek family now. I burped solidly for the next half hour! Then back to Burleigh Heads and a Thai meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment