Friday, January 16, 2015

Back at the campsite

 Here we all are on Christmas Day with Alex's "Salad shots" as entree. If we all have a slightly glazed look on our faces it's because Duncan tended to take a while taking the photos.


I organised a pass the parcel game based on the Wright Family (pass it right) who had nothing left (pass it left) to do before Christmas. Millie won a jaunty cap.
One of my usual holiday past-times is to do a jigsaw puzzle. This one was a 1,000 piece puzzle looked like  I wasn't going to get it finished before we left. Even Duncan put in some pieces. But we did it! The picture was of a French street scene, so when we had finished, and finding a bottle of french champagne unconsumed, it seemed right to put the two together. The puzzles were 2 for $20 so I will have to put myself through that torture again next Christmas.

The birdlife was incredible this year, as well as many pesky rabbits. This weka got more and more brazen as time got by. One day when I was working away on the jigsaw in the awning it poked its head around the door to suss things out. With my bird phobia I was petrified! Johnny and Ann tell us that some well-meaning person introduced the weka to the district, unaware that they eat the eggs of the near extinct dotterel.


And this picture of the wood pigeons is taken without zoom. They just sat there and chatted to one another while we had drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment