Friday, September 25, 2015

Vaguely Addictive

I remember my mum doing that wobbly lettering on our birthday cakes, and I thought that when I grew up I would be much better than that. This was not to be, so when I had to provide a shout for work I bought the lettering! I also bought the icing and THAT is not to be recommended - very artificial tasting!

One of the things I have on the list for the summer holidays is colouring in - the new relaxation craze.
First choose your picture. I bought two books one on paisley cats and another one which I dont like as much on Art deco. I thought I better give it a whirl before inflicting it on others.


First choose your painting.

I was doing it while watching TV. This is the first nights effort - about 2.5 hours worth!!

Next night I was keen to get back into it - this was about another 2.5 hours worth. I was definitely finding it very relaxing and vaguely addictive.

And here is the final 2 hours worth - quite a bit of checking to find little snatches of colour missing. Duncan reckons it looks good from a distance, and I've got to admit I made the mistake of not working with a sharp pencil at one stage and I've gone over the lines a bit!
Give it a go, though.

5 comments:

  1. I always thought your cake writing was the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah I have not officially heard of "the adult colouring-in trend" except for 1-day hawking colouring in books. So I'm intrigued to note that you are in on this trend and it might be real.

    I did wonder if "adult colouring in" was different in some way.

    That's a pretty trippy cat picture. Looking good. Sounds like you'd better get our kids into some adult colouring-in over the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you go on Book depository like I did you will indeed find some adult adult colouring in books!!!! What some people get off on eh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grownups colouring in trend is everywhere. Inspired by your post I have dug around in my bookcase to find 'Art Deco patterns to colour' which I bought yonks ago for grand daughters who didn't leap on it with unbridled enthusiasm. Hand me the pencil sharpener.

    You youngest grand daughter looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete