Sunday, May 29, 2016

More Retired Antics



I am still keeping up with my range of fitness activities, and just bought another 12 visit card for the pools. I have been troubled by water in the ear so splashed out on a bathing cap!
I had Blood and Lymphoma Cancer support group on Wednesday and I have to say I was startled by the number who had relapsed.
Two chooks are laying now, and the lovely warm autumn days with some good showers of rain have meant that the grass on our hectare for the macas has taken.

Duncan has had a busy week with golf related activities. He played with the veterans on Monday, and on Tuesday he was on the end of a shovel as they finished off the irrigation pipe burying. Wednesday was the golf exam, and Duncan was kicking himself for changing an answer - which then went from right to wrong. Thursday was golf as usual and Friday was olive picking. There have been a number of olive trees planted around the golf course and the oil is sold as a fund raiser. I was roped in to help on Friday and Saturday afternoons. Duncan played golf on Saturday and today (Sunday) he had to play again as he is captain of the Endeavour cup team. He has bought home 1 frozen chicken, a dozen Bluff oysters  (raffle win) and a $10 voucher (which we use to buy a whole fillet of beef)

Duncan and Dave Mettrick (up the ladder)


No comments:

Post a Comment