Saturday, July 2, 2022

Last day in Newcastle. Tuesday April 19th 2022

 Time for  one last activity with the family, and its motor racing.

Soraya had to come too.

Kitted out for safety!!

Alex and Theo are away, and the girls come to up on the start line

And they're off! at a much more sedate pace to Alex who comes within a whisker of breaking the one minute barrier for a lap.

The boyz.
It was a very well run operation, and after a few apprehensions I felt happy to sit and watch them whizz by. Slushies on the way home.
Now it was time for us to be taken to the Newcastle airport and fly back to Brisbane. All was going well until we reached security and I was asked to stand spreadeagle with my arms out to the side. Naturally I stuffed my used tissue into my bra to complete this manoeuvre. TAKE THAT OUT AND SHOW IT TO ME, OR I'LL HAVE TO STRIP SEARCH YOU! shouted the security shrew. Meanwhile Duncan got the opposite treatment as his pacemaker had been detected. He has a card to  verify, but the security  guy gently touched his shoulder, and said quietly "would you like to go somewhere private to show me this?" I don't know who was more shocked!!
We arrived late afternoon and Chris picked us up and we had a great meal back at the apartment, but did a bit of rearrangement of gear, as our flight out tomorrow is quite early, and we have to get our verified RAT test before we leave.
Negative.
Unfortunately we couldn't make this test result add to the paperwork we had already done on line - but then neither could any other passenger, so we had to hand write the form again.
The end of a delightful holiday - we only just made our connection to Gisborne. Hope with some lovely memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment