Saturday, July 25, 2009

Somewhere over the rainbow.

Feeling a bit blue this week with no Bella to greet me when I come home. Everybody who knew her has been sorry to hear that she has gone. Here she is enjoying raceday from our Scotsman's grandstand. I've taken her tins of dogfood out to the SPCA and as we didn't have her cremated was able to give them a good donation. We had thought of having her cremated at $150 and sprinking her over the vineyard, but then I would have been unsettled when they start digging it up next year.
One thing that hasn't left us has been the rain, although it has lifted today so I hope I can get my roses pruned. That was a favourite spot for Bella to stash her bones and she loved going back to them weeks later and having a good old gnaw.
Went to the school play "A tale of Two Cities" this week. It was brilliant. The only problem is that because there is no back stage area to the hall, all the props must be carted in from a nearby classroom which makes the scene changes very long. We were asked to be there at 7.15pm and I didn't get home until 1/4 to 12.
Fortunately this was just the length of time that the English cricketers needed to beat the Aussies, so Duncan had a late night too.
Having people from The school's head office this week so I had better do some lesson plans. Duncan is having his annual frame sale, so they are very busy.
Oops, here comes the rain again.

No comments:

Post a Comment