Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cough Cough and splutter

I remember as a child driving up Fenton Street past Gough, Gough and Hammer and calling it Cough, cough and Splutter. Well that has been me this week. A gut wrenching cough - my muscles - I was going to say pentecostal muscles but I think its the intercostal muscles between your ribs - are aching. I was sent to the spare room to sleep. No fever, no body aches or other symptoms that might suggest swine flu. Today has been gorgeous weather, and I cant believe that I am starting to shake this cough off. Lets hope I sleep well tonight.
We had heat pumps put in today - a large one in the living room and a wee one in the bedroom. Unfortunately they haven't been checked by an electrician and certified so we are not allowed to use them until tomorrow. I had the Brethren firm come and do them.
Just 4 months now until the sale of our property. The bad news is: it looks like our real estate agent has died - he had already been paid, so the deal better be completed. The good news is : The caretakers house at the racecourse has been shifted off, preparatory to putting the road in up the racecourse entrance to the back of our place. Who knows eh?
Off for my dose of cough mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment