Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Beware of the Double Bogey man

Just a little bit of excitement in our lives on Sunday as Duncan was in the 19 man shoot out at golf. It begins with 19 players and one person gets dropped off at each hole. Naturally it takes nearly all day. Duncan had promised to ring when he good knocked out. By 1.00 I thought "the B*****d's forgotten to ring me. By 2.00 I thought maybe ......, and just as I was heading off to the movies at 3, he rang to say he had won the whole lot. And the amazing thing was, he had 6 double bogeys. (Bad news, for you non-golfers) BUT when he had a bad hole, someone else had a worse one, and he hung on until the end, finally having to have a "chip off" with Gray Clapham to clinch the match. The next excitement was opening up the winner's envelope - over $600! I didn't find this out until after returning from the movies - Samson and Delilah, about some aborigine kids (very bleak and sad and hopeless)
I have been in Auckland for 2 days on a course for taking classes on video conference next year. Stayed in the Holiday Inn which was nice. Very stimulating course - but as you can imagine with a pack of teachers pretty full on talking and listening.
On Thursday we head up to Auckland with a cargo of wedding wine. Not long to go now!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Duncan!!

    I am posting this response because I want to play golf sometime, and the most likely time is over summer up north.

    ReplyDelete