Thursday, November 5, 2009

We're on the road again.

It was a great sense of deja vu as I headed off to support Duncan on a run. Here he is, just starting offbehind one of the people in a red shirt.


The course is now a two lap course around the centre of town. Here he is on the first lap. As you can see from his number 1691 he could have done it on his head and still be recorded as 1691!

The second lap and the sweat and dribble off the chin is starting to grow. The man in full fire gear was only doing 5 km. He did the 10.4 km in 55minutes and was 4th in his age group. I had heaps of people asking me why I wasn't doing it, but my muscle tone after my op has been very slow to return. For every day you spend in bed it is a week to fully recover. (Advice from nursing friend) That is why they try and get people up as quickly as they can.

The garden is producing heaps at present, but no flowering on the grapes yet. More meetings with lawyers, but not much headway on the land sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment