Saturday, August 20, 2011

What's new this week

On Sunday night I heard that Anne had a brain tumour. I went up to see her in Gisborne Hospital on Monday, but she has had to wait for Waikato to find her a bed. On Tuesday I popped her up some sheepskin slippers - always remember Dad and his gangrenous feet!! Still no go on Wednesday so I went up on Thursday - took Anne some shampoo that she left in our shower when she was last housesitting. What a laugh - she' s probably all shaved by now. She flew up on Friday and will be operated on on Monday. Here's hoping.... There's nothing like a friend getting cancer - but lets hope it is non malignant - to make you get out there and spend your money!! I picked up my new car this week and I'm just loving it. Very easy to drive and good high positioning. Now all I need is to find out how to tune the radio!


I also decided to get a new phone. Heaps of apps (is that the right word?) I can put the clock on the front so far.



And a lovely little surprize - our first sugar snap pea from the glass house. Most of the peas were eaten as they germinated by something in the soil, but this one was just enough to juzz up my salad. Duncan is away golfing in Fiji - just as well - it would have been hard to share it!!










2 comments:

  1. I am thinking I will go phone-shopping today finally. How much did yours cost?
    While the pea looks great, the capsicum looks fab! That must have cost you a pretty penny, or did you grow that too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea there's a massive red pepper next to that snow pea man!

    ReplyDelete