Saturday, January 16, 2016

Back to School

Starting retirement is like starting going to "Retirement School" I am in Year 1, and really don't know what its all about. Still I am trying lots of new things - Throwing out Junk is going reasonably well. I'm finding Gardening quite hard and quite boring, but Working on the Computers is fun. PE has been very varied - swimming on Monday, partial climb of Kaiti Hill on Tuesday, Aerobics with Fifties Forward - where Olwyn and I appeared to be the only ones able to keep up - on Wednesday. Swimming again on Thursday plus a couple of km walk with Olwyn, golf on Friday amd the long walk on Saturday.
Cooking was great fun this week as I got to make pasta for the first time.
The positioning of the hands and the machine took quite a bit of working out and as you can see I started off doing some tangled stuff.

And there were some small bits that fell off and a gentle haze of flour.
My report card said "Room for improvement"

But the taste of the finished product wasn't too bad.
OK now for week two.

No comments:

Post a Comment