Thursday, April 13, 2017

March Caravan trip - 24th and 25th March - and home on the 26th

Friday - Duncan headed out to the golf course just after 7 and I had a nice lie-in. The forecast had promised a nice fine warm day so I did a wash, but it was cloudy and drizzly and it was hard to get it dry.



Dry socks were a priority for Duncan - that's why it looks like Santa is descending through our skylight!
I enjoyed my day reading books and magazines and regretting I had not bought knitting with me.
Duncan was tired after a full day on the course. They found they needed more people reffing as some areas were quite contentious. He initially thought he would only be needed for half a day at a time.
I went for a stroll to the dairy to buy the bread and investigated some of the streets nearby, and had a good nosey around the camping ground. We look out over a river with a park and rosegardens on the other side. But there was no way to get across.
By Saturday morning I was beginning to regret not having got up early, dropped Duncan off and brought the car to use. There were showers all morning but at least by early afternoon it cleared enough for me to walk around the block and find my way into the park.
Looking back at the caravan

The pretty bridge we couldn't cross.

Beautiful reflections

Autumn colours starting.
The park path stopped abruptly at the back of Splash Palace and the only way back was over a sports field. Sports had been cancelled that morning - but a heard a few hardy souls have a bit of cricket practice. So you can imagine the ground was very wet underfoot to walk through.

We had a good trip back on Sunday however we had to have wet mats etc in the back of the car rather than put them in the caravan, so we had a bit of reorganisation to do when we got home. The floors had been polyurethaned and the place stank of fumes - and did so for the next 10days or so. The floors are more matt this time - lets hope they see us out as I dont think they would stand another full sanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment