Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What am I up to now?

When I first told the students at school that I had cancer, one of them asked "What stage are you at Miss?" I replied "Too early to say" which was quite clever of me as I had no idea what she was on about. I know now that I am just entering stage three. I have the BIG lump on my neck and another swollen gland on my collar bone. That takes me from stage 1 (one lump) to stage 2 (more than one lump) then the body scan revealed that I have one swollen gland below the diaphragm - near my tummy - and that takes it to stage 3. However this gland is 11mm when they class it as enlarged at 10mm. I have some other glands near my heart which are enlarged but only 5 or 6 mm. My breasts, armpits, adrenals and kidneys are clear. Stage 4 is when your bone marrow is affected and I won't find that out until next Wednesday. That's serious.
I have diffuse large B cell of non-activated germinal centre. Ok so that the "tech" report.

No comments:

Post a Comment