Saturday, August 10, 2013

4th one done

Thursday was my fourth chemo treatment, and it was in my right hand so all the nurses could admire the lovely ruby ring that Duncan bought me for our fortieth wedding anniversary. This is taken on the Friday and you can hardly see where Patsy put the line in - she is such a pro! One of the ladies was on her last treatment, so Pat, who had to come for a couple of hours each week (for the foreseeable future) shouted cupcakes for morning tea, which did add to the jollity of this session. Duncan took me up and stayed until the line was in, but as the weather has been so gorgeous he decided to go and play golf after lunch. He has been great, helping with the washing and ironing and vacuuming and every night he clears up the kitchen after dinner. Emptying the dishwasher, getting the rubbish out and continually filling me up with water as well as some wine. In fact I wonder why I didn't have cancer in the first year of our marriage!! I was very thoughtless and asked Olwyn to come and pick me up - Olwyn didn't have such a good time on chemo, so she was at first a bit reluctant, but then she thought she should face the demons. Which was very good as part of my lunch was an orange and a very blunt knife, and as I am not very dextrous with my left hand having lunch was a bit awkward without help. (Thanks to those of you who sent texts - but I couldn't text back with my left hand).
Seem to have come through this one OK, with the usual symptoms but able to manage them quite well by now.

3 comments:

  1. Put it on the bucket list: learn how to text left-handed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or not have any more chemo in my right hand is actually what is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete