Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Waiting Week and the Lurking Lump

Mind games.
On Monday I had a  CT scan. I thought it was going to be an hour and a half, and that was all the time I had, but it turned out to be an hour and a half drinking the barium meal then half an hour having the scan, so a bit of a panic on then to reschedule around my teaching program which I am having to be very careful not to interfer with too much.
Its a pretty unpleasant experience with some miserable times on the loo to follow, however they do warn you to keep things going so the barium doesn't set in your digestive tract.
My lymphoma lump is still quite big so I am not particularly hopeful when I see Dr Goodman on Thursday, but it may show some improvement.
Sometimes when I run my hands down either side of my throat to check whether it is getting smaller I think I feel a lump on the right hand side as well.
Sometimes I think I can feel lumps under my armpits where I didn't have them before.
Waiting for the unseen to be revealed.

1 comment: