Friday, August 30, 2013

The 1st of Asparagus

It sounds like a new season! this week we have had the first spears of our asparagus.  Can summer be far behind? I have been reading Beach Chic with Kate Moss from the Vogue magazine that Heather sent me for inspiration for the summer. Very skimpy. But today I am fashioning some of my light scarves into headwear as it soon won't be woolly hat season.
Last week I went to Look good Feel better put on by the Cancer society where they give you a makeover and lots of free makeup. It was good to learn how to apply makeip when you have no eyebrows and eyelashes. I still have a few stubborn grey wirey ones left. I didn't buy into the "get them waxed off" . I was late to the morning as I had a class to teach and when I went into the room I was just devastated to see the number of young women there. About 6 of them in their 30's and 40's and 4 of us older ladies - but not that old.
Yesterday I had my 5th chemo. I knew the two ladies who sat next to me. Both of them could not take the treatment they had been given. Rousie's finger and toe nails had turned black and she had black blotches develop on her scalp, so one of her chemicals had to be dropped. Susan who is having 30 weeks of 1 hour a week chemo had ended up being bought to hospital in an ambulance with a fever at week 4 has had her treatment reduced in dosage  - I just hope she doesn't have to do more than 30 weeks! 30 weeks! 18 will be bad enough. It has made me extra vigilant as I would hate to fall at the last hurdle - yes only one more chemo to go now. Patsy, my gun oncology nurse let me down yesterday, and had to have 3 goes to get a line in so bothe my hand are battered and bruised today. But feeling OK, just a little bit unsettled in the tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment