Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Day 3. Over the ditch.

You are probably a little suprised to get Day 3 as this post, but I cannot download the photos for day one and 2 whichI took on my camera rather than on my phone. I am still learning so you will find the photos in the reverse order- unless I can figure this out before I post.

Ir
Aboard the interislander

We begin the day in Martinborough. Duncan went out for a cycle first thing this morning, then we packed up in quite extreme heat. We had a break in Featherstone and I bought some of the truffle cheese we had been recommended at one of the wineries.
We were taking the windyand windy road over the Rimutakas, but managed it without too much stress and then its straight to the ferry on the motorway. We arrived quite early and popped into the carvan for lunch and watched the other ferry dock and disgorge its trucks followed by a bike gang looking menacing and loud. However as they drove off we saw their gang insignia..... Jesus Lives. Redeemed. so they cant be too intimidating.
The terns and seagulls huddle on the wharf as we wait. The ferry is late leaving and we go to see Dads Army on the Ferry Cinema.
As we enter the sounds the hills are khaki and we finally get off the boatat 1/4 to 7. We miss the turnpff to thePicton Camping ground and the NZMHCA overnight parking area is full so we move on to Blenheim. We have stayed at this camping ground before......


I seem to have lost my second picture! Better luck on day 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment