Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Day 9 Christchurch to Lake Tekapo

Dave and Chris are busy with their nephew's wedding so we are up early and away after some manoeuvring and a bit of bush cutting in the Robinson's driveway. We stop in Ashburton for a cuppa which I spill all over me as a bettle drops onto my arm from the light fitting above.
We take a nice straight road from Tindall and I get to drive for about 20km. The caravan does wobble and it takes me some time to adjust. I think  I turned about 2 corners in the whole 25km!
We had lunch in the caravan at Fairlie by the war memorial. It was quite cold. The bread was a bit mouldy but we manged to eat the best bits.
Then we went on to Lake Tekapo and set up...down to 15 mins in set up time. We took a walk along the lake to the hot pools and spas and are a little dismayed to find it costs $20 for seniors. We walk back and take the car to the village to get some info on the observatory , and get some fresh bread! Then we make the obligatory trip to the Church of the Good Shepherd and the dog statue. The sun is out and we settle back and  read  our  books, but by late afternoon it is starting to cool off.
While we are having dinner...anywhere between 6 and 8pm our block fills up with about 25 campervans, a dozen ducks and 4 rabbits - maybe more. Duncan wins scrabble with DUX  on the triple word score.

No comments:

Post a Comment