Friday, September 6, 2019

Final Days.

We had one more day to go, and with the promise that I could look at the Black Pearl Shops on the way back, we hired a car again and Duncan had his second round at Green Pearl - unfortunately not as good as his first round. here are some shots that emphasis things I have already written about.
The golf course is so close to the shore - a new water feature could be included in the next few years.

I'm in control! The water is the lagoon, not a lake or water hazard.

Looking the other way - the volcanic cone rises sharply. (Obviously I'm still in cart-control)

The final shot!
I went to several Black Pearl shops but I couldn't see anything that appealed - and the prices were ridiculous!! That night we headed out to the Mayflower. A much more sedate driver with a lovely family from the US. On the way back I complimented the children on their behaviour at the restaurant and said I would like to be their Grandma. They said they had a granny already, so I offered to put in a good word with Santa about who had been "Naughty or nice" this year. Fortunately the parents looked rich enough to cope with this fiction.
Very unusual wine glasses, good for smelling the bouquet.

Duncan had duck stuffed with foie gras and I had beef cheeks on a lentil dish. Very rich, very french.
Next day it was back on the catamaran, over to Papeete, out to the airport and home. We had to stop a night in Auckland, and then of course, because we drive up, we had to drive home. Apart from the travel hiccups it was a very pleasant and interesting holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment