Friday, September 6, 2019

On Newcastle Beach (Australia) Gwen Bush 2019


This is what I am basing my painting on.

Ready to start, thanks to a sale in Warehouse stationery.

Putting the base coats on

Sand and Sky

Adding the surf

Work on sky and sea

Total disaster!! Thought some copper might look nice on the sand. Oh No

Really pleased with the sand makeover. It has good texture and an odd bit of glimmer

Detail in the waves

More definition to the waves



This is a copy of the photo that I am loosely basing my painting on. Today I put on the base coat of the rocks

Trying to add a lot of texture in the rocks. Last photo of the left wave that is good.
More structure on the rocks
Today I corrected some of the sky where I had ended my brush stroke to abruptly. I feel the sky is pretty well done now. I added some colour to the rocks, and totally ruined some of my wave action.







Close-up of spray effect



And finally, the work is finished, varnished and trying out for a spot on the wall.




No comments:

Post a Comment