Sunday, August 14, 2022

The End of Hospitalisation and the start of Convalescence. August 5th 2022

 I have been warned that the BIG panel of doctors will attend this morning. I try to crack a joke which goes down like a lead balloon! but the result is I am allowed to go home , but with the drain still in. Still, I'm used to going home with a drain still in.

 A bowl of cold porridge and a limp piece of white toast is delivered. The paperwork takes about an hour to come through. I am ushered to the "lounge" as I have to vacate my bed for a hundred year old lady. Could I still do this in 30 years time??


Finally I am released into Nurse Duncan's hands, and head home to have an egg on toast for lunch.
On Sunday, the District Nurses arrive. The paperwork involves some personal questions about Do I have Enduring Power of Attorney in place, Do I have an Advance Care plan? These are things to deal with when you are well, and your brain isn't fogged by anesthetic.
I have a follow-up appointment with Stiven on Tuesday, who doesn't say much, and then the visit to my doctor on Friday.

 Here is my Frankenstein scar! complete with 20 metal staples. Some of these are a bit kinked and cause a sudden pin-prick sensation. Lets hope they can all go on Monday and that I don't split myself!. The early arrival of the pollen season has meant that we all seem to be coughing and sneezing.
Sadly I realise that because this seroma is a chronic condition, this could easily happen again. Even though the seroma has been taken out, the "Dead Space" that it forms in is still there.


No comments:

Post a Comment