Tuesday, February 17, 2009

All Geared Up


Tonight I had to turn the bangers off as Duncan - having paid his $10 membership - is now a veteran golfer and was off on a day trip to Mahia to play golf. So off I went on my bike. One of the girls at school showed me how to do the gears and it was a revolution - revelation! So now it is much easier for me starting off. Haven't tried biking in a skirt yet, but after that I hope to bike to school at least once a week.


This is the Hahei gang just after I had told them of our plan that we all ride the railtrail. They all look a bit shocked!! Will we make it?? Nothing like publishing your goals to make it happen.

PS the mice in the worm farm have taken the bait and no longer seem to be there.

1 comment:

  1. Gears! Gosh. Next you'll be working the DVD player!

    I'm full of encouragement to bike to school - I love having an active mode of transport that I use frequently. It leads on to a guilt-free lazy day for the rest of that day. It seems that I do exercise without noticing it (which is a great way to exercise).

    ReplyDelete