Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hair Today, Gone tomorrow.

Quite a process has happened this week. My hair has gone from normal to nothing. So lots of photos to follow this process. Last weekend it was pretty normal, but thinning. By Tuesday there were definite bald patches.

 By Wednesday there were little piles of hair all around the house. I started to feel bad about the hair loss. Secretly I thought it wouldn't happen to me.
Still a bit of a fringe - thank goodness I could wear a hat and still look normal. On Thursday I had my second round of chemo. The effect of the prednisone was to keep me awake that night. And by morning I had decided to get it shaved off and clear up all this hair. So I took what was left round to Karen and she gently shaved me off!




Weird, but I was OK with it. From inside me I can't tell that I dont have hair. Much in the same way that I don't feel fat unless I stand on the scales.
It feels like a soft leather couch, and hasn't been as cold as I thought - though I wouldn't want to go outside without a hat.

I've seen lots of people with the same haircut as me - guys mainly. Thank goodness it is popular.

 But I still think I will wear the wig when I go out.
Just a shame that I am getting so many compliments on my hairdo when I go out! I might be wearing my wig for ever! I have been truly blessed to have my two children with me during this traumatic time (not to mention the help with the vacuuming up of hairs), but more of their visit in the next BLOG.

1 comment:

  1. I don't feel fat when I stand on the scales. I just assume my height has changed.

    ReplyDelete