Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Rua's painting

Lyns painting is resting for a week before I can varnish it, so I am looking ahead to my next project - He wants a painting with shapes and shadows,based on this one taken at the Brisbane Art Gallery. Of course the first thing is to study it and work out the maths.
Do you see the inverted triangle under the walkway, where the light and shade meet? I have decided that this should be the focal point of the painting.

The inverted triangle should be close to being in the middle rectangle

To get this to work I have had to alter some of the dimensions of the painting. The left-hand upper corner with the blow-up astronaut has had to be removed. I may be able to reinsert him later. We shall see.

While not all the inverted triangle is in the centre part, there are some nice symmetries, so I am going to go with that.
Meanwhile Lyn's painting has pride of place on the easel.
And Painting Number 3, Middle Earth, from a photo taken just out from Garston which is the furthest point inland in NZ is ready to hang - but we are running out of room.

No comments:

Post a Comment